Week 9 - Ag Ambassadors

Ag Ambassadors is a group of students on campus that are in charge of representing the College of Agriculture.  The goal of the group is to provide an enthusiastic and informed group of students to represent the college.  Ag Ambassadors also serve as a spokesperson and hosts several college-related events. 

I was elected as an Ag Ambassador in the spring of 2017.  I couple of my friends that I looked up to were members of the group so they encouraged me to fill out an application.  My application was reviewed and I was chosen to interview for the position.  The interview was very intimidating because it took place in a room with a long, round table with 10 students from the College of Agriculture along with the Dean of the program.  I was ecstatic when I chosen as an Ag Ambassador!



This year, I was able to take part in the review of applications for potential new members.  Each of the candidates had their applications graded.  After the interview committee chose the new members of the organization we all received word  of those that had made the cut.  The following morning we all meet at 6:30 for a breakfast meeting. 

 I was very excited to see that my brother had been chosen as an Ambassador!  The group is great to be involved in and I encouraged my brother to apply.  I have met many of my best friends through the organization.  We feel more like a family than a club. 

This spring, a lot of our duties include recruiting students for the College of Agriculture.  We have prospective student calling day along with a Discover NDSU program.  I am excited to chat with new students and let them know about all of the opportunities that there are within the college. 

Comments